Monday, October 22, 2012

Kangarooing

I had been hearing about this "kangarooing" thing since a week ago when Adison was born. Before then I had no clue what it was? Kangarooing basically is holding your preemie baby to your bare chest and cuddling them. I've heard there are so many benefits for the baby as well as the parents, including regulating babies HR and helping mother's milk supply.

I found a good article http://www.prematurity.org/baby/kanga-kaia.html
We all know the power of touch and we know the bond between mother and baby. It was the most amazing feeling to get to hold my baby for the 1st time today! It was so emotional yet the best feeling in the whole world. I was also astonished at the amount of milk I pumped immediately after I held her! I have been averaging 15-20 ml with each pumping. No lie, I pumped 40 ml right after holding her!! OMG...I couldn't believe it! I can't wait to hold her tomorrow!



Our first little family photo!

No comments:

Post a Comment