In the last month or so I've been able to get off another 4 lbs or so. How? Just moving more! I'm lucky that I do what I do, because I am able to get out there and instruct more classes or take classes whenever I choose. I know its not as easy for everyone else. I think its also so much easier to lose in the summer than it is in the winter. Longer days, more fresh fruits and veggies, more energy, more activities....all of it plays a factor, but the biggest help this year for me is Aqua Fit Classes! What an awesome workout!
If you are pregnant, or you just had a baby, there is nothing better! Here are some pool exercises for you to do at home to make your own aqua class:
- Jog in Place (knees up high then kick feet to butt) 2 min
- Jumping Jacks (hold noodle overhead- up and down) 1 min
- Washing machine (noodle in front, twist at waist, jump feet and knees together opposite upper body) 1 min
- Water Jogging (jog back and forth, pumping arms at your side) several laps
- Water Skipping (take it up a notch to a skip back and forth) several laps
- Front Kicks (like a kickboxing kick) 15 each side
- Side Kicks (again kickboxing side kicks) 15 kicks each side
- Lap swimming (use different strokes) 5-6 laps
- Treading Water 1-2 minutes, 2 times
- Wall Kicks (rest back of head or neck on wall) flutter kicks, scissor kicks, etc. 2-3 min
- Use noodle in shallow water to stretch legs and upper body well before getting out of the pool.