Friday, March 8, 2013

Spring Cleansing!

The first challenge for my 60-Day Bootcampers was to start off with a 3-5 day cleanse! Most of them accepted the challenge with enthusiasm! A cleanse or detox doesn't mean you can't eat for days, it can simply mean that you eliminate things from your diet. Eliminating caffeine, sugar, carbs and alcohol is a really good start. Most of us chose to do a fruit and veggie cleanse meaning we just ate all fruits and vegetables for a few days. I love this one because there is enough variety and I can still eat until I'm full. The hard part for me is always the coffee! I had a very bad headache the first day and hit a wall in the afternoon. Cleansing gives your digestive system a break, but also helps your body really break those cravings...hence the word DETOX!
After 4 days I feel really good and I am slowly adding back protein and a few other things to my diet. Here is what a typical day looked like on my fruit and veggie cleanse.

Breakfast:
Master Cleanse drink (32 oz water, juice of 1 lemon, 2 tbsp grade b maple syrup, dash of cayenne pepper)
Green Smoothie (banana, strawberries, blueberries, spinach, orange juice)

Lunch:
Spinach Salad with mandarin oranges, dried cranberries, avocado, olive oil, red wine vinigar

Snack: apple and cutie

Dinner:
Sauteed yellow, orange, and red peppers and kale

I all of these foods so that was easy! What isn't so easy is not popping stuff into your mouth that you don't even realize you normally do! If you are a mom, you probably snack while you make lunches or dinner. I had to feed my family what they like, but not eat it. And coffee....oh coffee....how I love my morning coffee. I drank Yogi Detox Tea instead, which is pretty good and soothes my desire for something hot in my mug in the morning, but I can't wait to have a cup of black coffee...and I WILL tomorrow. A little caffeine isn't bad, but it's good to break that addiction now and then!

If you'd like more info on cleansing email me at gofitmomstl@gmail.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment