Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Rest, Rest, Rest!!!

Well, update....I'm on what I would consider "bed rest"! Not long after my last post I went and laid in bed and had another (this time worse) gush of blood! Back to labor and delivery we went. Again I was sent home a couple hours later, but I had to visit my OB on Monday and he determinded the placenta was bleeding and that I would go on "rest" for at least 2 weeks! "Uhhh...what exactly do you mean by rest?" was my first question. "I teach at school everyday from 12-3pm, but I can just tell the kids what to do and sit in a chair." He replied with, "No, you won't work, you won't workout. If you need a gallon of milk, go get one, if you want to go out to eat, fine...have your husband drop you off at the door, but you won't go grocery shopping, you won't go to the mall, you won't do laundry. You are to be resting the majority of the day." The tears a welling in my eyes at this point! He really made his point though by saying its either this and hope this condition gets better, or we deliver a baby who is way to young to be delivered and she spends 4 months in the NICU! We DO NOT want that!

So......when you put it that way.....I can do this. It will all be okay. 2 weeks of rest, 2 weeks of no pay is better than losing our baby, or visiting our baby everyday in the hospital.

We are hopeful that the placenta may still move. As the uterus expands the placenta may pull away from the cervix. If the placenta stays where it is, there is a chance it will bleed again and each time it bleeds its generally worse and eventaully won't stop. This is when you are hospitalized to hold off birth or they deliver the baby I guess? I know now is just too soon.

So, today is day 3. I tried to rest most of yesterday, like sitting on the couch on the computer, or sewing and last night I went to my last night of Fitcamp and sat while they ran their 3 mile run! It was pure torture to sit there, but it was a beautiful night and they did amazing in their run!!
Today, I got a haircut and I will pick up the kids from school. My hubby is traveling until Friday so I am on my own. Looks like tonight will be game night, movies, and probably my go to dinner of cous cous and green beans!

I have plenty of time at home so that means lots of updates and hopefully some good fitness and nutrition info!! :) Oh...and extra prayers are always appreciated!!! Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment