Sunday, September 2, 2012

Its ANOTHER GIRL!!!

I'm still slightly in shock. After following all the "directions" on how to conceive a boy, we are again having a girl!

 I would be lying if I said I wasn't slightly dissapointed. It makes me feel totally guilty too. We are so lucky to have 2 healthy children, have never had trouble conceiving, and have another healthy baby on the way, but there is still a small part of me that doesn't understand. Every person I know is having a boy and we are having our 3rd girl! My husband was pretty quite in the ultrasound after she told us it was a girl. He was clearly upset. I stayed very positive and the tech proceded to show us some 3D images of her just to cheer him up. Very nice of her, but I don't know that it worked!
Later we get home to "reveal" to our kids and my mom only to give more dissapointment! My 5 year old was mad. She said, "I don't want a sister! I wanted a brother!" and then stormed off! Oh goodness. So, I've been trying to stay so positive for this poor little girl. I don't want her to think no one wants her!! I know it will take a little time and we will all be very excited. My husband has already commented that "he will try one more time"!!! "You will?? With who?", I said. Sometimes I feel like I'm crazy for having 3 kids! I guess only time will tell. For now I am ready to start planning for this next little bundle.

Oh, important updates that I keep forgetting about...
My due date has been pushed back to Jan 23 from the 18th. This was due to the baby's measurements.
And, my placenta is low!?? I've done some reading and now I'm totally freaked about placenta previa (which is what it is called if it remains where it is). The doc says that 80% of the time the placenta will move away from the cervix, but I will be having another ultrasound in 2 months to check it again. Complications that come from placenta previa...bleeding, early delivery, and C-SECTION!! NO! Please say a prayer that it moves!

Here are a few pics from the reveal:







No comments:

Post a Comment