Sunday, July 24, 2011

Finding Motivation!

Wow, its almost too hot to leave the house, much less go out and run! I've found out that I'm not much of a summer marathon trainer! This morning was suppose to be my 10 mile run, but I only made it 8. While running I realized something... so many people get motivation from hot magazine models and athletes, but as I was running I passed a few overweight and obese women who were working their butt off in this heat, struggling to make it up a hill and just really going hard. I was so impressed! I thought...if they can do this, I can do this! There are people out there who are running a marathon for the first time and it is a HUGE challenge for them. They are definitely working harder than I am! They are carrying more weight and are probably really fighting with themselves to find motivation. I just want to cheer them on and tell them they can do it! It really inspires me!
So...I didn't have a great morning run, but I did get a little extra motivation from all the runners I saw out in Forest Park putting in their miles! Especially those who have so far to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment