Thursday, February 25, 2010

Strollers? How do you find the right one?

I think finding the right stroller was the biggest decision we had to make when having baby #2....well besides what to name her!  I'm not kidding! It is so hard to find a stroller to do the things you want and they can be so pricey!  With our first we literally had 4 strollers! That is insane. You have to have one travel system (great for shopping), one jogging stroller (maybe not everyone, but for me it was the most important one), and one umbrella stroller (for easy useage).  For us though, I also had a seperate sport stroller for StrollerFit that they furnished me with.  Well let me just say that I used that stroller for everything!  I would have never chosen such an expensive stroller, but it really could do anything.  I am talking about the Phil and Ted's Sport Stroller.  This pic shows the double version, which by the way is just another piece that you purchase, so you don't have to buy a whole other stroller when you have two! There's a savings!  But, what I loved about this one is that it folded up so flat! My Jeep jogging stroller literally would not fit in my car!!!  These are things you just don't think about when you are in Babies R Us 8 months pregnant!  I had a Jetta and the only way it would fit was in my front seat upside down with the wheels on my dashboard! 
This sport stroller was great for running, shopping, taking a walk, or going to a carnival or picnic.  The pivoting front wheel makes it so easy to manouver! So, needless to say, I loved this stroller and was totally bummed when I sold StrollerFit and had to give it back!

So when we found out we were having another baby we had to start the process of finding a good double jogger! I immediately thought of my phil and ted's and how I would only have to then purchase the attachement, but I started my search for what would be best.  I had also heard great things about the BOB joggers and knew several people who had singles, so we went to check out the BOB duallie revolution at REI.  It was so light and so easy to manouver, but my only concern was would it fit everywhere?  The BOB double is side-by-side.  I did alot of reading and it got rave reviews. It is suppose to fit in any standard door frame.  I still kept thinking about how much I loved my phil and ted's, but my husband kept bringing up the fact that the second child is sitting in back staring at the back of a seat and you lose all your storage due to thier feet.  The decision was extrememly difficult, but we ended up with the BOB duallie. A big investment at around $600. I felt very happy with my decision until I realized that my car seat would not fit with the car seat adaptor that I had purchased for another $90!  This would be so that I could carry the infant in the car seat while still having a toddler in the other seat. I called the company and they did have a list of car seats that were compatable and ours was not.  I certainly was not going to buy another carseat, so I would have to wait until the baby was 8 weeks old to put her into the stroller!  This stroller is extremely nice, but it was about this time that I was really wishing I had the phil and ted's!! Did we make the right decision?? I don't know? If I had the money to have both I would and in the summer we are really going to enjoy the BOB I'm sure, but if you are always on the go and you need something that folds up small and you can take shopping or just about anywhere I would definitely suggest the phil and ted's sport.  The BOB double also fits in my truck though.....and I still have a Jetta!
Maybe if I hadn't spent so much on strollers I could afford a bigger car! lol!

Here are the links to BOB and phil and Ted's
http://www.bobgear.com/
http://www.philandteds.com/upload/

I have done alot of research and I've worked with lots of moms and strollers and these two brands definitely have my vote!  If you have a stroller that you love tell me about it...
gofitmomstl@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment