Tuesday, February 16, 2010

StrollerFit Workout

Oh how I miss my StrollerFit days!! Even before children I commonly heard mothers tell me that they felt like they had no time to workout or that they felt guilty leaving their children with a sitter to workout. I also saw children screaming their heads off at the gym when the moms would drop them at the gym daycare to go workout!  It was terrible! 

I purchased a StrollerFit franchise in 2005 before I even thought about having children because I saw such a need for this in St. Louis and I felt so strongly about helping moms stay healthy and find the time to workout! I also loved working with children.  Not long after I began StrollerFit I found out I was pregnant! Wow, it was just meant to be!  So, needless to say, I taught StrollerFit classes throughout my pregnancy with my empty stroller and soon had my own baby to attend classes!  Wow, what a great workout you can get pushing a stroller with a child in it! Its like your portable strength and cardio equipment. And the heavier the child (or children...for those who brave pushing a double) its even better! 

When I was offered a position with Santé it really was a tough decision, but I sold my business to a client of mine who had been participating in my StrollerFit classes.  She has been very successful with StrollerFit and I'm so happy she has kept it going.  I know there are other mom and baby fitness classes out there (more today than there used to be), but StrollerFit is really fun for both mom and baby. Check out StrollerFit St. Louis here. I also have a link under my recommended links.

What are some of the benefits of StrollerFit?
  • An amazing workout doing cardio intervals with your stroller and also strength moves with bands, your body weight and your baby!
  • Social interaction and a support group of moms who share your fitness goals. 
  • Fun for your baby or child!  In StrollerFit classes you sing songs to the children and even let them get out and play. They love coming to classes!
  • A play group for your child!
  • Convenience of bringing your children along for your workout.
  • No excuses for not being able to workout as a new mom.
With a new baby at home I miss my StrollerFit classes so much! If you can, I recommend you try one. Your first class is always FREE!

No comments:

Post a Comment