Monday, August 20, 2012

The First Day!

I'm documenting this because this is one of those monumental days for every mother. Your 1st child goes off to Kindergarten!
Mine went today. I didn't cry....at first. She looked so cute and it was a little of a rushed morning and of course they run you out of school, otherwise you might try to stay the whole day and take pictures. It wasn't until I got home and opened the envelope the teacher gave me on my way out the door. It reads:
The First Day
I gave you a little wink and smile as you entered my room today,
For I know how hard it is to leave and know your child must stay.
You've been with her for five years now and have been a loving guide,
But now, alas, the time has come to leave her at my side.
Just know that as you drive away, and tears down your cheeks may flow,
I'll love her as I would my own and help her learn and grow.
For as a parent, I too know how quickly the years do pass,
and that is was once my turn to take my child to class.
So please put your mind at ease and cry those tears no more,
for I will love her and take her in, when you leave her at my door.
Mrs. King

That was very sweet and sums it all up...how fast time goes and how sometimes we just have to let go and let them grow! (sniffle, sniffle) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment