Friday, May 6, 2011

Skinny Cocktails Anyone?

I have to say...there is never a shortage of cocktails around our house! I really really look forward to my glass of red wine a couple nights a week, or a good beer on the weekends. I'm all about eating healthy, but a good cocktail is something I will never do without! In the summer, my ideal day is laying in the backyard, playing with the kids in the pool and in the evening barbequing and enjoying some margaritas! Maybe even lighting a fire in the firepit and having a few more. I get so excited in the spring looing forward to these days.
Since yesterday was Cinco de Mayo and we have fitcamp on Thursday nights, I promised my ladies that if they came I would have a treat for them after class. I also was sure to remind them that their awaiting bikinis really don't care if its cinco, so it was no excuse to skip! I wonder how many calories the average person consumed yesterday on margaritas and how many people skipped the gym?? Better yet, I wonder how they are feeling today?
So my treat for them was the "Skinny Girl Margarita"! Created by Bethany Frankel, Real Housewives Star and natural foodist. I'm sure others have come up with their own version of a healthy margarita, but I thought we'd give these a try. Pretty tasty! Not your typical margarita, but a lighter version with a good kick! The price is about $11 per bottle, but I figure if you usually buy the premade Jose Quervo they are about $15 a bottle anyway? The best part is that there is only 100 calories per 4oz serving! Thats pretty good!
So, if you are looking for a healthier margarita alternative...I definitely would suggest the "Skinny Girl Margarita". Here's the link. Check it out. http://www.skinnygirlcocktails.com/home.php
Now.....the one thing I will not go light on is the guacamole!!! No way Jose! I love me some guac and I won't mess with anything less than the full version!

No comments:

Post a Comment