Monday, March 5, 2012

Paleo: Day 1

Today was day 1 of the Paleo Diet. As I said before, this is my version. I'm not going all organic with my food, but cutting out the grains and dairy is still HUGE for me! Here's what my day looked like:

Breakfast: black coffee, strawberries (would have had more, but hadn't been to the store yet!)

Lunch: Walnuts and dried cranberries with chicken salad

Snack: Apple

Dinner: Romaine salad with dried cranberries, rasberry vinigarette (no cheese!)
             Baked Pork and Turkey Tenderloin & fresh steamed broccoli

Snack: Glass of red wine!

Exercise: Ran 4 miles, fitcamp-ball workout

Thoughts/Challenges: I realized how much I just grab a snack without thinking about what it is! I would have grabbed a string cheese or some pretzels several times today! That was challenging. I will also miss the grains, but I will say that I feel thinner at this time of night,  maybe because of the lack of carbs?  Some nights I go to bed feeling bloated and heavy and I ate dinner at 5:30pm. Did drink a lot of water today too. Going to bed! Ready for tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment