Tuesday, February 2, 2010

My Motive

If you are like me then you often think back to the days before you were so crazy busy.....aka, the days before you had kids!  I remember as a young single personal trainer consulting with working women and moms who told me they "just didn't have the time to workout" and they "are always on the go, making it hard to eat healthy".  And my answer to them was always, "well, you just have to make time" and "you just have to plan all your meals for the week ahead of time." Great ideas, but wow, how naive was I???  No wonder they all rolled thier eyes at me and said, "you're young, just wait until you have kids!" Wow were they right!  I now know its a little more complex than that!.....

I sometimes find myself looking at single women or even married women with no children and wondering...."what do they do with thier time???" I listen to them tell me or someone else how busy they are and how they are so stressed out and I think "are you kidding me?"  I'm not discrediting anyone, I know everyone has busy lives and careers and hobbies, but I think that by far being a mother is the hardest job on earth (but also the most rewarding)!  I know we can find excuses for not working out or for eating out, and sometimes they are legitimate. As a fitness expert it does drive me crazy to hear people who only have to work give excuses for why they didn't get workout or why they had to eat fast food.  I'd like them to see one day in the life of a working mom. 

So the point of this blog is to share some of the struggles that we go through as busy moms trying to stay fit, to give you some good fitness tips, advice, workouts, and to let other moms know that they are not alone and that someone else shares their trials and tribulations. Hopefully we get a laugh here and there too! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment