Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Califlower Rice!

At the Paleo seminar the last week someone told me about califlower rice! I remember doing the califlower mashed potatoes before when I was doing a low carb diet and they were delicious, so I knew I would love this! I'm also quite a rice lover! I haven't missed it too much, but I love brown rice, quinoa, cous cous, etc, so I had to try this "fake" rice!
I have to admit, I didn't look at the recipe first, so I started with steaming my rice, which wasn't actually right, but it still worked! I steamed a full head of califlower in my microwave steamer, then took my hand chopper and just started chopping at it! When it got to the size of rice, I stopped. It was pretty darn good with a little butter and sea salt. My hubby and kids even ate it!

Now, the real recipe suggests that you first put your califlower in a food processer or chopper and make it rice size first, then put in the microwave and steam, but says NOT to use water? I have yet to try it this way, but my way still was pretty tasty! Give it a try and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment