Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Rock n Roll St. Louis Marathon!!

It was a rough training season for the Rock n Roll marathon!! I signed up for the full over 6 months ago to be sure I had plenty of time to train for my 4th full marathon. I felt it was time since it has been since 2008 when I did my last one in Chicago......but....I let life get in the way! Training for long runs on the weekend with two kids and a busy life isn't the easiest thing to do! The furthest training run I got in was 15 miles. Not enough to realistically do well in the marathon. I kept thinking I could just go for it and see how I did, but the thought of not finishing either kept me from doing it. I thought, well I can always do the half and go for a PR right? So...the day before I made my decision that I was going to back down to the half. I did pretty well, but was 2 minutes from beating my record! I came in at 2:02:07! Ugh...
I will say the Marathon was fun and the course was different than the other st. louis courses, so that kept it pretty interesting. I got to see my hubby and my girls right at the half way mark, so that helped me through. And of course, like always I crossed in tears! I can't explain why I cry everytime, but it might be partly how bad I want to be done, how bad my body hurts, and that I'm a little proud of myself and extremely happy to be finished. I just well up with tears everytime!


Congratulations to all who finished! My favorite sign of the day was "Finishing= Winning!" I like that alot :)

No comments:

Post a Comment